Laser engraving machine is an advanced equipment that uses laser to engrave materials that need to be engraved, and it is now widely used. The use of laser engraving machine can improve the efficiency of engraving, make the surface of the engraved place smooth and round, quickly reduce the temperature of the non-metallic material to be engraved, and reduce the deformation and internal stress of the engraved object. In fact, Jianggan District Technology can be used for both carving and cutting. Below, Leapion Laser shares 3 types of laser engraving.
The material removal principle of laser engraving is the same as that of laser cutting. Multiple uncut grooves are connected together to form a material removal area. The cross section of the laser grooving is “V”-shaped. The lower the cutting speed, the greater the laser current, and the greater the width and depth of the groove. The cutting speed and laser current have a greater influence on the depth of the groove than the depth of the groove. More groove width.
There are three basic types of laser engraving: laser cutting engraving, concave engraving and convex engraving.
1. Cutting and engraving
It uses the cutting method to process the required patterns on the surface of the material, that is, the patterns are first decomposed and expressed into several line forms, and then these lines are cut with a laser, and then the patterns represented by the cutting lines are obtained.
2. Concave carving
Cut off part of the pattern, and leave the surface of the material as the surrounding part of the pattern. There are two situations here. The first case is that the cutting force at each point on the pattern is the same. The engraving pattern is mainly reflected in the contour shape. The second case is based on the pattern’s light and dark distribution and contrast. The “dark” part of the pattern is cut more, and the “bright” part of the pattern is cut less or not. The former is suitable for carving patterns of characters, animals, plants, etc. whose appearance is dominant, and the latter is more suitable for carving patterns with details such as facial expressions.
3. Toppan Engraving
Contrary to concave die engraving, this engraving process only cuts the material around the pattern, and the cutting force at each point is the same, but does not cut the material of the pattern itself.
This engraving method is suitable for the expression of text, graphic outlines, etc.
In the latter two engraving methods, the method of removing material is that every time the laser head walks on the cutting surface, it cuts a straight groove, and then cuts the next line after moving a short distance. 05-0.5mm。 Usually the distance between the two grooves can be O. 05-0.5mm. In this way, through multiple straight cuts, the purpose of removing the area forming materials required by the two engraving forms is achieved.
The benefits of using a laser engraving machine are many:
1. Wide range of applications: Carbon dioxide laser can almost engrave and cut any non-metallic materials.
2. Safe and reliable: non-contact processing is adopted, which will not cause mechanical extrusion or mechanical stress to the material. No “knife marks”, no damage to the surface of the workpiece; no deformation of the material;
3. Accurate and meticulous: the machining accuracy can reach 0.02mm;
4. Saving and environmental protection: The diameter of the beam and spot is small, generally less than 0.5mm; the cutting process saves materials, and is safe and sanitary;
5. Consistent effect: Ensure that the processing effect of the same batch is completely consistent.
6. High-speed and fast: It can immediately carry out high-speed engraving and cutting according to the pattern output by the computer.
7. Low cost: Not limited by the number of processing, laser processing is cheaper for small batch processing services.
If you want to know more information and questions about laser engraving machine, please consult Leapion Laser.